Throughout the year, we offer a rich variety of customized academic internships in Italy. Our academic internships are field‐based learning experience combining study, observation, and placement with an organization. You will receive mentoring from the Gustolab International academic advisor and learning facilitator. Additionally, you will receive guidance from your internship site supervisor. Internships are unpaid, and focus on developing skills and academic insights in new settings, languages and cultures.
Gain a competitive advantage for your future career.
- Six to eight hours a day on experiential learning at the placement site, a research project & Italian language instruction.
- Support of Academic Supervisor, Internship Placement Supervisor & Learning Facilitator.
- Shared accommodations in furnished apartments or possibility to be hosted at the internship site.
- Cultural & safety orientations, professional skills & intercultural communication seminar.
- Experiential co-curricular activities & a research symposium
- Group airport pickup and transfer, check-in support, 24/7 emergency assistance & logistical support
Who can apply?
Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate students. Professionals and scholars are also welcome to apply. If you are a freshman or sophomore and would like to petition to apply, please contact us. No prior study of Italian is required.
Internship description and credits
The internship is approved as ESM 404 by Portland State University (PSU). It is variable in credits, but generally equates to 40 hours per credit. PSU is on the quarter-system calendar. Semester credits from other accredited United States schools may be converted to PSU’s credits by multiplying by 1.5. Learn more Please work with your home university study abroad office to assure full credit. If you would like to petition for more hours, please contact us.
Depends on length of internship. Includes mentoring, placement and supervision, Italian language instruction, research project supervision, academic and co-curricular field trips, orientation costs, transportation monthly pass, 24/7 Emergency support, application and internship paperwork, work related insurance, accommodations, airport pickup and transfer & logistical support. International airfare not included. Customized prices are available. Learn more.
Gustolab International is pleased to facilitate the housing arrangement process for students with an experienced housing provider in Rome to provide shared or single rooming options in shared apartments.
Rome and surrounding areas. We are also able to accommodate requests for placements in other parts of Italy such as Emilia Romagna, Calabria, Campania and Sicily.