The Borromini Institute is a new academic organization which provides educational opportunities for students both in and outside the classroom and support for institutions and faculty-led programs. It was born as an initiative of Gustolab International, a key player on the scene of international education in Italy. Borromini Institute’s core business depends on coordinated efforts of the management team, faculty, and learning facilitators to carry out engaging academic programs. The Borromini Institute is duly committed to sustainable practices and diversity, equity and inclusion.
There are three internship periods with the Borromini Institute available every year. All internships typically last two to three months, depending on the intern’s overall availability, for a total of 150 working hours. As a Curricular Internship, the position is unpaid and we will work with your affiliated academic institution to accredit this professional experience in your academic transcripts.
The Borromini Institute’s internship sessions are as follows:
2023 Session I
mid March – May 2023
Application deadline: February 20, 2023
Applicants notified: March 1, 2023
2023 Session II
June – July 2023
Application deadline: May 2, 2023
Applicants notified: May 15, 2023
2023 Session III
September – November 2023
Application deadline: July 15, 2023
Applicants notified: July 31, 2023
The ideal candidate is easy-going and detail oriented. It is essential that the candidate be a team-player, willing to work on a variety of important tasks when required, even when they may not fall within this job description. As a small company we rely on transparency and candid communications and collaboration. The list of responsibilities below in both English and Italian is only a guideline.
- booking and organizing tours and trips
- coordinating collateral program activities and extracurricular excursions for international students in Italy
- establishing relationships with suppliers, vendors, and the larger public
- back office and archive management
- engaging with international students
- cooperating in the creation of academic excursions outside of Rome for groups of international students in Italy
- providing support in organizational, administrative, and secretarial activities
- providing support in the preparation of teaching materials
- excellent communication skills, in both oral and written Italian and English
- strong computer processing skills including experience with web, email, Microsoft office, and Google platforms
- demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with colleagues and interact diplomatically and constructively with providers and stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative on tasks and show an aptitude for problem solving
- attività di prenotazione e organizzazione tour e viaggi;
- coordinamento di attività collaterali alla didattica per studenti internazionali in Italia;
- rapporti con fornitori e con il pubblico;
- gestione di back office e di archivio;
- interfacciare con studenti internazionali;
- cooperare nella realizzazione di viaggi formativi di gruppo per studenti internazionali in Italia;
- supporto nell’attività di segreteria organizzativa e amministrativa;
- supporto nella redazione di materiali didattici.
- Ottima conoscenza della lingua inglese scritta e parlata (requisito fondamentale).
- Ottima conoscenza del PC, Google Drive, e del pacchetto Microsoft Office.
- Buone doti comunicative, relazionali e di organizzazione.
- Spirito di iniziativa, organizzazione e attitudine al problem solving.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and cover letter through the form below.