MAKE YOUR SUMMER COUNT!
MAKE YOUR SUMMER COUNT
International virtual learning &
project-based internship PROGRAM
INTERNATIONAL VIRTUAL LEARNING &
PROJECT-BASED INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Program dates: July 13 – August 7
Application deadline: July 7
Our internship program is unique and designed to help students gain an international working experience while learning.
During the working experience, students will
- work on projects for Italian organizations.
- focus on the food, sustainability & related fields.
- have the possibility to work in teams.
- receive mentorship through weekly check-ins.
During the learning experience, students will
- gain knowledge through short independent learning modules about food & sustainability.
- connect with professionals and peers through virtual sessions, workshops and discussions.
- receive Italian language instruction with an instructor
- have the support of a learning facilitator in their online & cross-cultural learning experience.
- learn to narrate and think critically about their entire experience by completing graded assignments.
At the end of the program, students will present their experience in a virtual symposium.
The cost of the internship is $2,005. BONUS! By participating in the summer internship, you will get a discount of $1,000 for future enrollment in an onsite (in Italy) 2020 fall program, or for onsite (In Italy) 2021 spring or fall program.
Students need to have a GPA of at least 2.5 to participate in the program and be in good academic and social standing at their home university.
Knowledge of a second language or familiarity with Italian language is helpful but not required
Some elements may be in Italian with English translation.
Internships are unpaid, and focus on developing skills and insights in new settings, languages and cultures. Support pursuing home university credit, where available. Want to have more information? Click here to read the program overview including requirements, policies and more.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. The last day to submit an application is July 7, 2020. Contact us if you have any questions.