Successful internship placements are possible due to the relationships that GLi has developed and is constantly renewing with a wide range of local organizations in the food and sustainability sectors. As part of our unique academic curriculum, students supplement their placement with research on a specific project or goal and learn how to analyze and present their findings. Past placements include:
Agritourism with a vineyard
- Internship placement: A family-owned wine resort with a vineyard & olive groves located a few kilometers from Rome. It produces wines in compliance with Italian organic standards and is an example of ecological sustainability.
- Research paper: Wine tourism around the world
Landscape architecture firm
- Internship placement: An architecture & landscape design studio in Rome which operates in a transversal way in the disciplines of landscape, architecture and city design
- Research paper: Architecture, Food and Design
Art gallery in Rome
- A curatorial project that places at its core the growth of emerging artists, and assists clients in the curation, management and organization of exhibitions, events and workshops.
- Research paper: Tourism in the Art Galleries in Rome