OPEN ENROLLMENT PROGRAMS
Students attending a college or a university, or independent scholars applying directly to any of Gustolab International’s open enrollment (spring, summer, internship, and fall) programs should fill out an application directly with Gustolab International. Students interact directly with Gustolab International Food Systems and Sustainability (GLi) to apply, make payments, confirm travel arrangements, and complete enrollment materials. GLi will administer any or all of these enrollment steps, depending on the needs of each student according to their college or university procedures.
Students have the opportunity of speaking with a member of GLi’s program advising team to find the program that best matches their academic and personal goals.
Please note Gustolab International requires students to have a 2.5 GPA, and be in good academic and social standing at their home university.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The application is comprised of a form that needs to be filled out directly by the student and another form that is related to the student’s standing at their university and transfer of credits (if applicable). Students applying for our academic internship program will also need to submit a resume and 1-2 reference forms.
Recommended deadlines are:
- February 29 for Summer Program Applications
- March 15 for Fall Program Applications
- October 15 for Spring Program Applications
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as there are several advantages to doing so including receipt of an admissions decision early enough to allow for sufficient travel planning time to save on airline tickets and sufficient visa processing time for international students.
Contact us if you do not fulfill the requirements listed above or need an extended application deadline
If you are a student attending one of the following universities below, there is a separate application procedure in place for you directly through your university.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Fall, Summer or Spring Programs in Rome with Gustolab International
- University of Illinois GIES School of Business Spring Break program with Gustolab International
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges Fall or Spring program in Rome with Gustolab International
- Auburn University Mediterranean Diet short summer program with Gustolab International