WORK WITH US
We have two openings for staff at Gustolab International (Rome). We are seeking a Director of Operations and a Senior Program Coordinator and Learning Facilitator to work in our Rome Headquarters.
They will manage the day-to-day operations with a team of three to eight full time and seasonal/temporary staff at Gustolab International (GLi).
The Senior Program Coordinator and Learning Facilitator will manage the overall student experience by making sure that enrollments are efficient, students and staff are prepared for their trips; parents, professors, Universities and Study Abroad officers understand program expectations and deadlines and goals are met while providing a high level of customer service.
The Director of Operations will be a highly organized person and will ensure efficiency in our processes, develop stronger communication methods and ensure learning objectives.
Candidates who apply for either role should have demonstrated capability/experience in some or all of the following responsibilities.
REQUIRED PAST RESPONSABILITIES/EXPERIENCE
- Assist the GLi Director with international students studying at GLi
- Collaborating closely with the GLi Director on daily academic duties (check and adjust syllabi, calendars, schedules, etc.)
- Act as a resource to students studying abroad and international students studying at GLi (for any kind of question, to solve problems, etc.)
- Perform additional duties as needed or assigned by the Director particularly during registration and working with Study Abroad applications
- Type reports and letters, maintain schedules, gather and prepare workshop materials, brochures, student lists, design announcements and items deemed necessary
- Arrange meetings, meeting space and materials (with students, professors, and staff)
- Keep track and check of printing, audio-visual needs, application brochures, fact sheets, and other such items (budget issues, costs, and expenses)
- Keep abreast of changes in embassy/consulate policies in regard to students’ needs in Italy and abroad and instruct staff about the procedures and how to work with them.
- Learning facilitator for academic activities inside and outside of Rome.
- Coordinate office operations including staff management, planning field trips and excursions (design budget excel and check all the administrative issues), fiscal management, services and communication, assessment of student learning outcomes and faculty/student satisfaction.
- Prepare weekly reports for the Director
- Support the director in academic and operational reviews with the Universities
- Responsible for leading administrative support activities related to international strategic initiatives, projects, and programs in pursuit of the GLi’s mission and for the development of policies, guidance and protocol regarding traveling and working in our programs.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in International Education, Business or certification or equivalent experience in Study Abroad field (min. experience of 5 years). Food Studies oriented degree is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of international business issues with at least 5 years of leadership experience.
- Experience centrally managing an international organization through local staff and service providers in multiple countries (Europe, US, Asia, …)
- High level of professionalism and integrity.
- Must be in possession of Italian working papers. GLi cannot sponsor candidates for working visas in Italy.
- Must have residency in Rome.
- Availability during some weekends and evenings to train staff or to coordinate the students/program activities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in Italian and English, that are effective, professional and appropriate for the audience, for the purposes of influencing, informing, counseling, persuading, mediating and negotiating in groups and one-on-one. Ability to convey complex and technical material to varying audiences, develop and deliver presentations and produce clear and concise correspondence and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface, negotiate and exchange ideas, information and opinions with a variety of providers and stakeholders in order to gather information, assess situations, build consensus, reduce resistance to change and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with colleagues and GLI directors and interact diplomatically, yet assertively and constructively with providers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to recognize and be sensitive to non-Italian cultural and business practices while effectively communicating, collaborating and managing the execution of initiatives within a multi-cultural and/or international context
- Strong sense of service orientation with proven ability to balance customer service, controls, and compliance.
- Ability to develop creative solutions in constricted situations: an out of the box thinker.
- Demonstrated ability to foster an environment that encourages cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Self-motivated and able to analyze complex problems and develop viable solutions.
- Ability to explain problems, present solutions and implement changes within the organization, with cooperation and involvement from team members and GLi Directors.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and respond to customer requests timely and accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and be an effective team player with other colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and resources effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead, manage, coach, and mentor diverse staff.
- Ability to identify employees’ strengths and weaknesses, and develop action plans for improving and strengthening staff.
SALARY: Ref. to the Italian Private Schools National Contract at the corresponding level.
STARTING DATE: The positions will start on December 2018 (max January 2019)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 November 2018
HOW TO APPLY: SEND CV + MOTIVATION LETTER + 2 REFERENCES WITH COMPLETE CONTACT INFORMATION to GUSTOLAB INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR, DR. SONIA MASSARI at email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
CRM & marketing support (only for students – Tirocinio curriculare)
The position will start in the January 2019
ONLY FOR STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED AT AN ACADEMIC INSTITUTION
ONLY FOR STUDENTS ALREADY RESIDING IN ROME
Assist the CRM Manager in the following activities: – Implementation of the new CRM platform – Clean up and organize the current database for migration to new CRM – Data entry
Aid in Newsletter design and mailing. – Aid in day-to-day management and scheduling for social media – content creation for delivery on the web and social media (include: short videos, interviews, and social media content) – Contribute to website redesign project
Other occasional tasks
Support on a wide variety of research projects (and compile, synthesize and analyze research collected) – Translation of documents from Italian to English and from English to Italian – Support in planning and implementing events, talks, and activities on the topic of food and sustainability -Other duties as assigned.
Fluent (written and spoken) English language proficiency (C2 or mother tongue).
Quick learner with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
Excellent ability to learn, adapt, discover and test new ideas
Competent in Microsoft Office
Tech and Internet savvy
Communication and writing skills
Proactive and positive attitude.
Good Understanding of social media platforms
Previous experience in social media content creation, graphic design, video editing or other related fields
Previous experience with a CRM system
Familiarity with project management tools
Knowledge of the following platforms: MailChimp, Hubspot
Basic knowledge of design software (like Adobe Photoshop).
Interest or experience with food and sustainability.